Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bottle Cap SolidWorks Modelling

Warm greetings everyone!, My name is Sravan Kumar. I have created this blog in order to show my 3D Models and Renderings. I had (also having!) a great interest in Design, 3D Modelling and Animation, but neither I was exposed to any 3D Modelling software nor Animation Software (except Google Sketchup, Though I love Sketchup, I couldn't model complex surfaces in that!). So, After finishing my studies, I wanted to learn a 3D Modelling Software. So, I took a look at the list of 3D Modelling Software in Wikipedia. I just couldn't figure out What to choose!. My needs are, the software should be powerful, easy to learn, can perform complex modelling and has a easy UI. I found my needs in SolidWorks. It was really easy and it is a powerful one. Then, I started to download tutorials from YouTube. There were many videos based on SW 3D Modelling, I eventually created a collection of SW videos which is over 10 GB of size!. It helped me learn the basics and intermediate skills of SolidWorks, and then I started to practice a lot. I am still learning a lot of new things out of the tutorials. Here are some of my models created using SW tutorials.

This is the first one to model, it is a Bottle cap with my name engraved on it (learnt from http://www.solidworkstutorials.com/solidworks-bottle-cap/).

The rendered image of the above model using PhotoWorks.


Eventually, I got an idea to model my own Tupperware Water bottle cap. So, I took measurements randomly and modeled (my first own SW model).


The results were really impressive!, It was looking like the real one when rendered.... Even my friends didn't believe when i showed them the rendered images below. I was really stoned by the way the output was. At that moment, I felt so happy and proud....

Rendered model of my bottle cap

Rendered model of my bottle cap

SolidWorks really did impress me. And now I am really happy to work with SolidWorks. I would recommend SW for those who really want to learn a good 3D modelling software.

Hope you like my Post!.


Cheers
Sravan

No comments:

Post a Comment